Wednesday 24 April 2013

I am still called the Disco Deewane boy: Varun Dhawan

By Hindustan Times
Varun Dhawan, who turns 26 today, is excited about his birthday. It’s his first after turning an actor. “I’ve been getting a lot more greetings than I would otherwise,” he explains. The actor, who’s currently on a trip with his friend around Maharashtra’s coastal region, plans to party hard in Goa — the last stop of his trip.

He says, “I’ve wanted to take this trip for a while. It’s sort of a preparation for my character in my next film, and also a good holiday. My friend and I have taken a train journey with several stops on the way, where we’ve stayed in lodges.”
Varun, who shares his birthday with cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, had plans of watching the cricketer play in the T20 tournament. “Since it’s my birthday, taking permission from home was a lot easier. Also, as I share my birthday with Sachin, I was planning to go watch the match at Eden Gardens, Kolkata, but somehow, this trip worked out,” he says.
Ask him about his new-found stardom and Varun says, “Some people still don’t know my name, but recognise me. In fact, they call me the ‘Disco Deewane’ (song from his debut film in 2012, Student Of The Year) boy.”

No comments: