Friday 26 April 2013

It should stay untouched: Alia Bhatt

By Hindustan Times
Awhile back, actor-director Pooja Bhatt made headlines by stating that she would love to remake the 1991 hit, Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahi, with sister Alia reprising her role from the original. However, Alia feels that Pooja should refrain from remaking the iconic rom-com.
“Pooja has merely mentioned that if she ever wanted to remake Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahi, which I think she shouldn’t, she would want me in it. But nothing of that sort is happening, so it (talks about the remake) has no weight yet. I personally reckon that the film is simply untouchable. I am a great fan of that movie,” says Alia.
The Student Of The Year (2012) actor, meanwhile, has very happily just wrapped up the first schedule of Imtiaz Ali’s next, Highway. “Although I was aware that it was going to be an intense shoot, it turned out to be even more hardcore, in every possible way.” she says.
Alia also reveals that she took father Mahesh Bhatt’s guidance before going for the month-long schedule. “I asked my dad for help in some scenes. But I generally try to to learn things by myself,” says the 20-year-old, adding, “I want to make my own mistakes, fall down and get up on my own, so that tomorrow, I have no one but myself to blamed,” says Alia.
Does she have any plans to work with her family banner, Vishesh Films? “Not yet. But eventually, I definitely will,” says Alia, who is also busy wrapping up the movie adaptation of Chetan Bhagat’s 2 States, which also stars Arjun Kapoor. She recently finished a 40-day shoot for the same.
The film is directed by Abhishek Varman and produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and Karan Johar.


No comments: